Key features and benefits of FX30, powered by Python
- Install & play: No need to rebuild Linux or customise firmware.
- Faster development: With virtual testing and configuration on PC – transferable to the embedded FX30.
- Python support: Open to include new Python modules such as Modbus.
- Easier deployment: In-built radio management for ease.
- Integrated: Seamless Sierra Wireless Legato integration and device management.
Using PyRTE, the FX30 is now:
- Quicker to market: Easier to test and configure using Python-based virtual environments on globally certified hardware.
- Future proof: Simpler to expand with Python modules and libraries.
- User friendly: Data analysists can use the same language across device and server side.
- Easier to integrate: Access to off the shelf backend portal connectors written in Python.
- Full-fledged gateway: Easy to bridge short range RF such as BLE, mesh, 6LoWPAN to 4G with failover to Satellite.
- Smarter: Edge computing is possible.
The Python runtime has been built to address the following:
- Standard Python3 with most popular modules supported. User can develop on PC with familiar Python environment.
- The runtime is wrapped as standard Legato application installer – no need to rebuild Linux or customize firmware.
- The runtime comes with a connection manager(wrapped as a separate Legato app called connManager) which handles wireless network attachment.